Above is my revised moodboard consisting of more tribal references such as scarification and masks, along side contemporary scarification showing shape, placement and texture inspiration.
Character 1
When creating the character above, I was inspired by tribal African masks, you can see that I have used the tear drop shape in a half moon formation replacing the eyebrows. Under the eyes in a crescent formation, I planned to use rice to create the illusion of scarification inspired by the scarification of the Nuba women. The skin is a alabaster white and illuminating, the lashes coated with white to blend in. However with the lips, I chose to add some texture by coating with sugar. Overall quite a icy and cold image.
Character 2
The image above is also inspired by African scarification, I was also inspired by the 'war paint' of African tribe ( the blown out use of red shadow on the eyes and the formation of the white beads above. Out of all three, I think this image is the weakest as it lacks a certain shock factor.
Character 3

This last facechart is my favourite of all three and the one which I intend to develop. I was also inspired by scarification, however making it more contemporary and textured by using the formation of feather circling the face, I like that in the facechart, the temples and the cheekbones are emphasised. The face is kept nude except from the fiery red lash extensions on the minimal eye makeup to bring a pop of colour and focus to the eyes. The lips again are nude except for a tiny smear of gold on the inner part of the lips adding some dimension. Since feathers have a very elegant touch, I decided to use the colours red and gold to bring a element of power and royalty to create a fierce character.



No comments:
Post a Comment