Final Evaluation
Although I faced many challenges throughout this unit, I have enjoyed the most part.
The research of tribal modifications such as scarification and the contemporary
world of body modification have served as a basis and inspiration for my designs.
For
my first image, I paid too much focus on the eyes instead of allowing the new shapes
to be the main focus of the image. This meant that the initial image did not work and
a reshoot was required. I found it difficult to create a new concept for the reshoot
but soon found out that I was overthinking it, I experimented with new materials
and shapes but in the end decided to build on the initial design I had. The reshoot
went smoothly and I am pleased with the outcome and surprised to see the amount
of improvement, glad that I was given the opportunity to shoot again.
Creating the prosthetic piece was the most challenging of all,
working with mixtures that had to be completely accurate in order for the mould to
successfully set was stressful and time consuming, there was little time to cast our
moulds and I felt the need to rush which resulting in some not setting properly. In
the final photo, you can see that the mould on the right has a lot more definition to
the other due to this reason. When it came to the application of the mould, I also felt I
could have taken more time to blend the edges away more seamlessly. Overall, I am
happy with how far I have come in this unit, which I felt, was both engaging and
exciting.
No comments:
Post a Comment